As the weather cools down and the leaves begin to change, Fall is one of the best times to have photos taken. Once you have booked your session, its time to decide what you are going to wear! This is a very important and can be stressful for some, so I have put together a few helpful tips to inspire you to find the perfect outfits!
1. Color Pallets
- Tip: Blend..... don't try to match. The days of everyone wearing the same colored pants and the same colored shirts are long gone! Check out some of these color pallets that work great in the Fall/Winter.. Here is a little outfit inspiration based on the rich and cozy colors of September-March!
- Color Combos that look great together for fall and winter photos include with examples below:
- Dark Purple, Creams, and Browns/Grey
- Cranberry, Creams, Browns/Grey
- Beige, Dark Purple, and mustard yellow
- Orange (or maroon), Brown, Cream
2. What are you planning to do with your photos?
- If you are planning to print your photos for use in your home, consider what colors would look good. You may want to choose a color pallet that will blend with the decor that you already have. Think of your photo like a piece of art. You wouldn't want to hang a lavender painting in your great room with maroon walls, right?
3. Patterns & Textures!
- Keep it Simple. You will notice in the example below, the girl is wearing a solid colored shirt and the guy is wearing a patterned shirt. This looks great, and is not too distracting! It's best to pair patterns with solids like these two examples below!
For more styling inspiration, follow Ashley Marker Photography on Pinterest!